Veritas Enterprise Vault 12.x: Administration IIB - Administering SMTP Archiving and IMAP Client Access
The Veritas Enterprise Vault 12.x: Administration IIB – Administering SMTP Archiving and IMAP Client Access course is designed for system administrators tasked with operating, integrating, and monitoring the day-to-day performance of Enterprise Vault. This two-day, instructor-led, hands-on class covers Enterprise Vault’s functionality, operations and features related to SMTP archiving and IMAP client access.
Hands-On This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to utilize them in your working environment.
AudienceThis course is for system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration/development staff who are responsible for installing, operating, or integrating Enterprise Vault within their messaging environment.
PrerequisitesVeritas Enterprise Vault 12.x: Administration I or equivalent experience is required. You must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with some system administration experience. Basic familiarity with SMTP messaging systems and IMAP clients is also required.
Key topicsIIB – Administering SMTP Archiving and IMAP Client Access Lesson 1: Enterprise Vault and SMTP
- SMTP Archiving: Overview
- SMTP Archiving: Architecture
- SMTP Archiving: Use Cases
- SMTP Archiving installation: Overview
- Configuring SMTP Archiving: Overview
- Creating archives for SMTP messages
- Configuring Retention Categories and SMTP Policies
- Configuring Enterprise Vault SMTP Servers
- Adding SMTP target addresses
- Adding an SMTP Archiving Task
- About target address rewriting
- Configuring target address rewriting
- Adding target address aliases
- SMTP Journal Archiving: Overview
- Configuring SMTP Journaling options
- Configuring Selective SMTP Journaling options
- Configuring SMTP Mailbox Journaling options
- Monitoring SMTP Archiving
- Monitoring SMTP performance
- Using PowerShell cmdlets
- Troubleshooting SMTP Archiving
- Mail Connect (IMAP) functionality
- IMAP architecture and components
- Editing the IMAP notification message
- Configuring IMAP Endpoints
- Configuring SMTP Endpoints
- Enabling IMAP users
- Configuring IMAP Policies
- Configuring IMAP Provisioning Groups
- IMAP Monitoring: Overview
- Using the IMAP Dashboard
- PowerShell cmdlets for IMAP
ObjectivesBy the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Implement SMTP archiving.
- Manage and monitor SMTP archiving.
- Implement and manage IMAP client access.