Veritas Data Insight 5.0 Administration
The Veritas Data Insight 5.0: Administration course is designed for the storage administration, IT security, and systems administration professional tasked with architecting, implementing, administering and using Veritas Data Insight. This class covers how to design, install, configure, administer and maintain Veritas Data Insight. Students will also learn how to use the core features of Data Insight to investigate risk, compliance and data management use cases
Hands-On This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to use those skills in a working environment.
AudienceThis course is for storage administrators, systems administrators, IT security administrators, systems professionals, and consultants who are charged with the installation, configuration, and day-to-day management of Veritas Data Insight in a variety of system environments. It is also targeted at those who need to use Veritas Data Insight to monitor systems for IT security, compliance and data management use cases.
PrerequisitesYou must have a working knowledge of advanced computer terminology and Internet terms, and administrator-level knowledge of the Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 operating system.
Introduction to Data Insight
- Understanding the architecture
- Common use cases
- Introduction to key concepts
- Integration with other products
- Planning a deployment
- Post-installation configuration
- Introduction to the Management Console
- Configuring administrative access
- Configuring directory services
- Configuring advanced server settings
- Configuring global settings
- Introduction to the monitoring of resources
- Adding Windows file servers
- Configuring DFS targets
- Managing resources
- Adding SharePoint Web applications
- Adding NetApp filers
- Adding EMC filers
- Adding HNAS filers
- Adding cloud content sources
- Adding VxFS filers
- Integrating with Veritas Enterprise Vault
- Using the Workspace
- Using the Data Insight Dashboards
- Managing custodians
- Advanced analytics
- Policies and alerts
- Introduction to Data Insight reporting
- Creating a report in Data Insight
- Creating custom reports using DQL
Using Data Insight for risk, compliance, and data management
- Using Data Insight for risk and compliance use cases
- Using Data Insight for data management use cases
- Introduction to remediation using the Self-Service Portal
- Prerequisites for the Self-Service Portal
- Entitlement Review workflow.
- Ownership Confirmation workflow
- Records Classification workflow
- Monitoring health
- Backing up and recovering
- Managing data locations
ObjectivesBy the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe Veritas Data Insight product components and the system architecture.
- Install and configure Veritas Data Insight.
- Add resources for system monitoring.
- Integrate Data Insight with Veritas Enterprise Vault.
- Use Veritas Data Insight to monitor system resources.
- Create and manage Data Insight reports.
- Create remediation workflows using the Self-Service portal.
- Maintain a Data Insight deployment.