Veritas Enterprise Vault 12.x: Administration IIA – Administering File System Archiving
The Veritas Enterprise Vault 12.x: Administration IIA – Administering File System Archiving course is designed for system administrators tasked with operating, integrating, and monitoring the day-to-day performance of Enterprise Vault. This two-day, instructor-led, hands-on class covers Enterprise Vault’s functionality, operations and features for File System Archiving (FSA).
Hands-On This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to transfer them into your working environment.
AudienceThis course is for system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration/development staff who are responsible for installing, operating, or integrating Enterprise Vault within their file system environment.
PrerequisitesVeritas Enterprise Vault 12.x: Administration I or equivalent experience is required. You must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with some system administration experience. Basic familiarity with file server functionality is also required.
Key topicsIIA – Administering File System Archiving Lesson 1: Enterprise Vault FSA Overview
- Enterprise Vault FSA: Introduction
- FSA concepts and terminology
- Configuring and managing FSA roles
- Assessing FSA targets
- Assessing FSA Policies and Rules
- Reviewing FSA Tasks
- Installing and configuring FSA Reporting
- Running and accessing FSA reports
- FSA and Data Insight overview
- Adding and configuring a File Server Target
- Configuring Archive Points
- Policies overview
- Managing Volume Policies
- Managing Folder Policies
- Managing Policy > Archiving Rules
- Archiving content
- Accessing archived content
- Content control features overview
- Managing Retention Folder Policies
- Controlling file storage
- Managing pass-through recall
- Determining archived file deletion
- FSAUtility overview
- Using FSAUtility with:
- Archive Points
- Archived files
- Backing up and restoring Placeholders
ObjectivesBy the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Configure Enterprise Vault File System Archiving (FSA).
- Manage FSA.
- Monitor FSA.