Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0 for Windows Administration
The Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0 for Windows course is designed for the Windows professional tasked with managing storage. This class covers fundamental operational management procedures for Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows. This training shows you how to install and configure Storage Foundation and how to manage disks, disk groups, and volumes. This course also covers offline and off-host processing and introduces basic troubleshooting, performance tuning, and recovery techniques. Hands-On This course includes practical, hands-on lab exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to transfer them into your working environment.
AudienceThis course is for Windows system administrators, system engineers, network administrators, system integration or development staff, and technical support personnel who will be working with Veritas Storage Foundation.
PrerequisitesYou must have experience as a system or network administrator working in a Windows environment, and basic knowledge of Windows system administration.
PART 1: Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0: Install and Configure Virtual Objects
- Physical and virtual data storage
- SFW storage objects
- SFW RAID levels and volume layouts
- Storage Foundation 6.0 for Windows: Overview
- Installing SFW 6.0
- Upgrading to SFW 6.0
- SFW user interfaces
- Preparing disks and disk groups for volume creation
- Creating a volume
- Displaying disk, disk group, and volume information
- Removing volumes, disks, and disk groups
- Comparing volume layouts
- Creating volumes with various layouts
- Creating a partition and logical drive
- Administering mirrored volumes
- Resizing a volume
- Changing a drive letter or path
- Moving data between systems
- Upgrading a dynamic disk group
- Offline and off-host processing tasks
- Creating a volume snapshot
- Performing dynamic disk group split and join
- Enabling fast resynchronization
- Implementing off-host processing
- Monitoring objects and events
- Maintaining data consistency
- Configuration backup and restore
- Managing hot relocation at the host level
- Troubleshooting disk replacement and recovered volumes
- Monitoring I/O
- Setting capacity monitoring parameters
- Changing the volume layout
- Using SmartMove
- Overview of dynamic multipathing
- Managing arrays, individual disks, and paths
- Displaying performance information
- Specifying load balancing settings
- Specifying control timer settings for an array
ObjectivesBy the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how physical data storage relates to the virtual storage components of Veritas Storage Foundation.
- Install and configure Veritas Storage Foundation.
- Create and manage virtual disks, disk groups, volumes, and volume snapshots.
- Resize volumes, change volume layouts, and manage volume tasks.
- Perform disk group move, split, and join operations.
- Perform basic recovery operations and performance tuning techniques.