Veritas NetBackup 7.7.x Media Server Deduplication Pool
The Veritas NetBackup 7.7.x Media Server Deduplication Pool course is an advanced course designed for customers tasked with architecting, implementing, backing up, restoring, maintaining and tuning MSDP. This two-day, Instructor-led, hands-on class covers how to install, configure and tune MSDP using key logs and utilities. Hands-On This course includes practical, hands-on lab exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to transfer them to your working environment. Additionally, assessment items at the end of each lesson test your knowledge and comprehension of the information provided.
This advanced course is designed for customers.
You must have sound working knowledge of NetBackup 7.7.x and a good understanding of NetBackup Deduplication. Detailed knowledge of NetBackup backup, restore, and storage concepts is required. Participants should have completed the NetBackup Maintain and Troubleshooting course or equivalent, and have sound knowledge of the following:
- NetBackup architecture and processes
- NetBackup command-line utilities
- NetBackup debug log analysis
- Knowledge of Linux system administration
Key topicsCourse Introduction
- About this course
- Education and support resources
- Deduplication principles
- Deduplication phases
- Deduplication solutions
- MSDP processing overview
- NetBackup deduplication processes
- NetBackup deduplication process flow
- Understanding the MSDP referencing model
- MSDP configuration
- Configuring NetBackup media server deduplication
- Configuring client?side deduplication
- Maintaining NetBackup deduplication
- Protecting the MSDP catalog
- MSDP catalog directory structure
- MSDP shadow copies configuration
- MSDP catalog backup and recovery
MSDP Reference Database and spoold Processing
- Reference database (RefDB)
- Deduplication engine (spoold) RefDB processing
- MSDP queue processing details
- Tracing CRQP activity
- Accelerate MSDP CRQP with concurrent refdb transactions
- Data loss and storage leaks
- Online data integrity checking
- Troubleshooting MSDP?related failures
MSDP Image Rehydration
- Image rebasing
- Client?side image rebasing
- Server?side image rebasing
- Understanding the pre?fetch model
- Logging with PrefetchTraceLevel
- Configuring pre?fetch groups
- Overview of MSDP upgrades
- Upgrading and conversion tools
ObjectivesBy the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and functionality of deduplication.
- Explain MSDP processing.
- Describe the NetBackup deduplication process flow.
- Understand the MSDP referencing model.
- Configure a media server for deduplication.
- Configure client?side deduplication.
- Describe the MSDP catalog directory structure.
- Identify the changes to the MSDP shadow catalog.
- Describe the MSDP Reference Database (RefDB).
- Describe Deduplication Engine (spoold) RefDB processing.
- Describe CRQP activity.
- Describe MSDP data loss and storage leak concepts and explain the online data integrity checking.
- Troubleshoot MSDP?related failures and list the log files that are useful in troubleshooting.
- Describe the process of client?side image rebasing and server?side image rebasing.
- Describe the PrefetchTraceLevel logging levels.
- Describe the MSDP upgrade and conversion process, and the related tools.