Veritas NetBackup 7.7: Differences 7.6.1 to 7.7.2
The Veritas NetBackup 7.7: Differences 7.6.1 to 7.7.2 course is designed for NetBackup customers that are considering upgrading or have upgraded their NetBackup environments, and require an understanding of the new features delivered in recent releases. This course specifically covers features introduced or changed in versions 7.7, 7.7.1 and 7.7.2.
Hands-On This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to use those skills in a working environment.
This course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, or support of NetBackup.
You must have completed the NetBackup Administration course or have equivalent real-world knowledge of the core features and architecture of NetBackup.
- Course overview
- Release installation and upgrade Requirements
- NetBackup 7.7 Administration Console enhancements
- NetBackup 7.7.2 Administration Console enhancements
- MS-SQL Intelligent Policies
- SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Group Support
- Oracle 12c Support: Pluggable Databases
- Enhancements to Oracle Intelligent Policies
- Enhancements to NetBackup for Oracle Interfaces
- Oracle Multistream Restore for Proxy Backups
- Instant Recovery for VMware in VMware Web Client
- VMware Accelerator Chargeback
- VMware Extended Attributes
- VMware Backup and Restore Reliability
- VMware Tags
- User Restores from VMware Backups
- NetBackup Add-in for SCVMM
- Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- Hyper-V VM Discover
- NetBackup NDMP Accelerator
- RHEL Linux 96 TB MSDP Storage
- Generic S3 cloud connecter
- Amazon S3 storage class
- FIPS compliance
- Configuring NetBackup with access control
- Auditing NetBackup
- Administration Console Secure communication
- Deploying Security Certificates
- NetBackup logging enhancements
- Tar Refactoring (nbtar)
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the new and enhanced release features, release categories, release resources, identify release support information and describe the release installation and upgrade requirements.
- Describe the enhancements to the NetBackup Administration console by performing common tasks such as configuration, operations and monitoring.
- Configure and monitor SQL Server backup jobs using Intelligent Policies, and protect SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
- Describe how NetBackup supports new features in Oracle 12c such as Pluggable Databases, describe enhancements to NetBackup for Oracle interfaces and perform Oracle multistream restores for proxy backups
- Configure increased storage capabilities with the RHEL Linux 96 TB MSDP Storage feature.
- Identify the virtualization improvements such as VMware Accelerator Chargeback reporting, VMware Extended Attributes, VMware Backup and Restore Reliability and VMware Tags.
- Configure intelligent policies for Hyper-V
- Describe FIPS certified encryption in NetBackup, configure NetBackup with access control using auth.conf and Enhanced Auditing, and audit NetBackup using auditing and Enhanced Auditing
- Describe how nbtar is a replacement for tar for Import/Verify operations on UNIX only media servers and to configure new logging features such as continuous logging of critical processes and NetBackup log pruning