Veritas Enterprise Vault 12: Differences 11 to 12
The Veritas Enterprise Vault 12: Differences 11 to 12 course is designed for system administrators tasked with operating, integrating, and monitoring the day-to-day performance of Enterprise Vault within an Exchange environment familiar with Enterprise Vault 11. This two-day, instructor-led or virtual academy, hands-on class covers the product’s enhancements introduced in version 12.
Hands-On This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to transfer them into your working environment.
AudienceThis course is for system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration/development staff who are responsible for installing, operating, or integrating Enterprise Vault within their Exchange environment who needs to understand the changes made in Veritas Enterprise Vault 12.
PrerequisitesYou must have a working knowledge of Windows with some system administration experience. Basic familiarity with Exchange/Outlook is sufficient, while an understanding of SQL Server, Exchange, and Active Directory as a power user or administrator is useful. You must be an Enterprise Vault administrator and have 6 months experience with Enterprise Vault 11.
Role Based Administration for Windows VNext
- Roles Based Administration (RBA): Overview
- RBA Installation
- RBA Management
- RBA Troubleshooting
- Classification Overview
- Classification Architecture
- Retention Plans
- Classification Configuration
- Re-Classification and Gated Deletion
- Classification Troubleshooting
- SMTP Archiving overview
- SMTP Archiving architecture
- Installation and configuration
- SMTP Archiving examples
- Troubleshooting SMTP Archiving
- Verify the Enterprise Vault SMTP service
- Create archives for SMTP Archiving
- Configuring retention categories and SMTP policies
- Configuring SMTP server
- Add SMTP journal target addresses
- Adding an SMTP Archiving task
- Monitoring SMTP Journal traffic
- Add SMTP Selective Journal target addresses
- Monitoring SMTP Selective Journal target addresses
- Use PowerShell to work with SMTP Archiving
Enterprise Vault Search (EVS)
- Enterprise Vault Search update overview
- EVS installation and configuration
- PST migration enhancement overview
- Using the Administration Console
- Using PowerShell
- OCR and IFilter overview
- Basic OCR architecture and process flow
- OCR requirement checks
- OCR configuration
- Troubleshooting OCR conversions
- Archive messages with images
- Search for text in the images
- View the indexed OCR content
- SQL Server AlwaysOn overview
- EV Integration with SQL AlwaysOn
- CA and DA integration with SQL AlwaysOn
- Implementing SQL AlwaysOn
- SQL AlwaysOn troubleshooting
- Accelerator enhancements overview
- CA Intelligent Review
- Accelerator enhanced reporting
- Accelerator export and import improvements
ObjectivesBy the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Configure Role Based Administration (RBA) without Windows Authorization Manager.
- Create and configure retention plans.
- Configure and perform classification.
- Ingest PST into INTERNET MAIL
- Work with changes to OCR and iFilter
- Configure SQL 2012 AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
- Understand improvements to the installation process.
- Configure and archive SMTP Selective and Mailbox Journaling
- Understand the basics of upgrading from earlier versions to version 12.
- Configure and use Compliance Intelligent Review.
- Understand the enhancements to Discovery Accelerator and Compliance Accelerator.