Veritas Enterprise Vault 11.0 for Exchange: Maintain and Troubleshoot
The Veritas Enterprise Vault 11.0 for Exchange: Maintain and Troubleshoot course is designed for the IT or support professionals tasked with maintaining and troubleshooting Enterprise Vault 11.0. It is particularly appropriate for those candidates who have previously attended the courses named in the “Prerequisites” section of this document. Successful completion of this four-day, instructor-led, hands- on class provides suitable candidates the skills to fulfill roles either as IT personnel responsible for managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting the product or as support professionals who may be required to demonstrate an in- depth understanding of the product and provide assistance to other Enterprise Vault users. Students also learn which factors may affect the Enterprise Vault environment, which logs and reports to refer to, and how to troubleshoot these issues. Hands-On This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to use those skills in a working environment.
AudienceThis course is intended for customers, Support Engineers, Sales Engineers Consultants, and partners.
PrerequisitesYou must have attended or have the required knowledge from the following Symantec courses: Veritas Enterprise Vault 11.x for Exchange: Administration.
Operating Enterprise Vault
- Verifying proper Enterprise Vault operation
- Monitoring MSMQs
- Monitoring index health
- Using Enterprise Vault Operations Manager (EVOM)
- Managing disk space
- Viewing Enterprise Vault systems reports
- Running common SQL queries
- Best practices and performance tuning
- Using Enterprise Vault Policy Manager (EVPM)
- Managing archives
- Using safety copies and collections
- Performing SQL maintenance
- Maintaining indexes
- Backup and recovery review
- Enterprise Vault tools
- Microsoft/Windows tools
- Web tools
- Network tools
- Basic troubleshooting concepts
- Isolating the issue
- Basic Microsoft SQL troubleshooting for Enterprise Vault
- Basic Microsoft Exchange troubleshooting for Enterprise Vault
- Basic network troubleshooting for Enterprise Vault
- Mailbox archiving processes
- Enterprise Vault server troubleshooting
- Enterprise Vault client overview
- Troubleshooting the Outlook Add-In
- Troubleshooting Virtual Vault and Vault Cache
- Troubleshooting Outlook Web App/Access (OWA)
ObjectivesBy the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Monitor and tune Enterprise Vault.
- Maintain the Enterprise Vault environment.
- Describe troubleshooting tools.
- Outline basic troubleshooting steps.
- Troubleshoot Enterprise Vault servers.
- Troubleshoot Enterprise Vault clients.
- Outline steps to contact and work with Technical Support.