IBM Cognos BI Administration: Architecture and Logging (V10.2.2)
OverviewThis course is designed to teach participants how to identify components and sub-components of the IBM Cognos BI architecture and how to use tools and techniques to provide a foundation to troubleshoot issues. Through lecture and interactive exercises participants will identify IBM Cognos BI components, examine how these components interact with Java, and will explore logging to assist when troubleshooting issues.
AudienceThis advanced course is for Administrators responsible for administering the IBM Cognos 10.2.2 BI environment.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for this course.
Key topicsArchitecture Overview Introduction and Service-Oriented Architecture
- Identify IBM Cognos 10 architectural components
- Describe Service-Oriented Architecture in IBM Cognos
- Describe IBM Cognos Dispatcher
- Describe request routing and the routing process
- Describe Content Manager Cache Service
- Identify IBM Cognos Services
- Review collaboration functionality
- Explore the architecture in IBM Cognos 10
- Describe Java memory layout
- Manage Java memory
- Use tools to monitor Java memory
- Describe installation logs and configuration logs
- Explore audit logging
- Explore IPF logging
- Identify dye tracing requirements
- Perform dye tracing
- Explain Dynamic Query Mode (DQM) logging
- Explain IBM Cognos Dynamic Query Analyzer (DQA)
- Explore component logging for Gateway, Dispatcher, Report Server, and Universal Data Access layer
- Explore diagnostic tools and utilities for special task logging
ObjectivesPlease refer to course overview.