Implementing Power Cloud Infrastructure with PowerVC
OverviewThis course describes the concepts and implementation details to install, configure, and implement the IBM Power Virtualization Center (PowerVC) Standard managing PowerVM to manage a virtualized Power Systems-based environment with AIX and Linux virtual machines. PowerVC is the new advanced virtualization management offering that is built on OpenStack. The course topics cover planning for the PowerVC installation, customizing the environment, configuring storage, and includes capturing and deploying virtual machines. Hands-on exercises reinforce the lecture and give the students the experience of installing and configuring IBM PowerVC. Students use PowerVC to capture and deploy virtual machine images.
AudienceThis intermediate level course is for this training is for technical support individuals, system administrators, system architects, engineers, and pre-sales technical support staff who implements PowerVC as a virtualization manager.
PrerequisitesYou must already know the basics of configuring and managing a Virtual I/O Server and virtual devices and use the HMC to manage partitions. This prerequisite can be met by attending the following course:
- IBM Power Cloud Training Essentials - WBT - (QZ000WG)
- Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization - (AN30)
Key topicsDay 1
- Unit 1 - Introduction to IBM Power Virtualization Center (PowerVC)
- Exercise 1 - Introduction to IBM Power Virtualization Center (PowerVC)
- Unit 2 - Planning and Installing PowerVC
- Exercise 2 - Planning and Installing PowerVC
- Unit 3 - Getting started with PowerVC
- Exercise 3 - Getting started with PowerVC
- Unit 4 - PowerVC administration
- Exercise 4 - PowerVC administration
- Unit 5 - PowerVC operations
- Exercise 5 - PowerVC operations
- Unit 6 - Using PowerVC to capture images
- Exercise 6 - Using PowerVC to capture images
- Unit 7 - Using PowerVC to deploy images
- Exercise 7 - Using PowerVC to deploy images
ObjectivesPlease refer to Course Overview.