PowerHa SystemMirror 7.1 Planning and Implementation
OverviewThis course is designed to prepare students to install and configure a highly available cluster using PowerHA SystemMirror.
AudienceThis course is for students who are experienced AIX system administrators with TCP/IP networking and AIX Logical Volume Manager (LVM) experience who are responsible for the planning and installation of a PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1 and later cluster on an IBM Power Systems server running AIX 6.1 or later. The lab exercises are conducted on an AIX 7.1 TL2 -level system.
PrerequisitesYou should be an AIX system administrators and have TCP/IP, LVM storage, and disk hardware implementation skills. These skills are addressed in the following course or can be obtained through equivalent education and experience TCP/IP for AIX Administration (AN21G).
Key topicsDay 1
- Unit 1: Introduction to PowerHA SystemMirror
- Unit 2: Planning and configuring network and storage for PowerHA SystemMirror
- Exercise 1: Lab setup, cluster planning, and exploring fallover Exercise 2: Preparing the AIX environment for PowerHA SystemMirror
- Unit 3: Configuring applications for PowerHA SystemMirror
- Unit 4: Configuring a PowerHA SystemMirror cluster
- Exercise 3: Preparing an application for integration with SystemMirror Exercise 4: Initial cluster configuration
- Unit 5: PowerHA SystemMirror installation
- Exercise 5: Install and maintain PowerHA SystemMirror
- Open lab
- Explain what high availability is
- Outline the capabilities of PowerHA SystemMirror
- Design and plan a highly available PowerHA cluster
- Install and configure PowerHA SystemMirror in the following configuration:
- Single resource group on a primary node and a standby node (active/passive)
- Configure resource group startup, fallover, and fallback policies